Friday, November 21, 2008

twilight, anyone?


so, we ventured out last night to see twilight at midnight... yes, with all the teenagers and girls, but there weren't too many girlish screams. we had a great time and enjoyed ourselves. the movie... yeah... didn't love it... or even like it... but it is what it is... and what i expected. i'm thinking i should give it another chance since bryan said he would go with me if i wanted to see it again. we'll see. maybe after the initial viewing i will be able to look at it as a form of entertainment not related to or based on a book i adore.

14 comments:

Kathy said...

James~ First off, you don't even look pregnant in that picture! Second, I wrote to Aaron and told him you went to see Twilight at midnight and I am sure he will roll his eyes. :) He told me on the way to Utah (I had the Twilight book with me on the plane) that i better not read it. You know how he feels about those books. Anyway, today I sent him a letter and told him in honor of him, I would refrain from reading them. I know, dumb, but I am missing that kid like you can't believe!!! We can't wait for baby Jack to come into the world and now that Bryan is home, he can come anytime. :) We love and miss you all tons! XOXOXO, Mom

Sarah said...

Hey! I was wondering if you went! We won't even get it here for another month or so. Oh well! I agree with you mom, you don't look pregnant (I'm glad she wrote the word pregnant so I coulld copy it! Remember, I can't spell it!) in the picture!!!

Brooke and Tami said...

I went to see it last night. It was better than expected, but I had low expectations. It didn't really follow the book too much, but I still love a good love story.

Brooke and Tami said...

Oh, BTW... you look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I had a really hard time with Kristen and her lack of emotions. If you're in love, don't you think you would be happy about it and not all depressed? I also struggled with the exchanges between the actors. They didn't seem to be reacting to each other, just trying to remember what to say next. Oh well. They came out with a press release that New Moon is now officially in pre-production. Can't wait for that. Maybe they will have bigger budget and get the actor's acting lessons.

Amber Horspool said...

aw, i'm glad i didn't stay up all night to see it then.

heather said...

you have a twilight jacket? that might be sadder than you review of the movie... :)

Can't wait to see Jack!

Oh.. this is Jason. Not Heather.

Julia said...

Saw it too, I actually liked it...except for a few parts...like the climbing and running fast...could have been done better. Anyway it was cheesy in parts and great in parts and tried way to hard to be an indy film but I liked it and I say see it again! I want to....and now I'm reading the book again :) And they are starting to make New Moon into a movie now that will be interesting...

Eric and Alison said...

OK, where is Baby Jack-is he in there???? You look so good, being that it WAS midnight!!!
I heard a ton about the movie, the majority of the people that I talked to said that they thought it was just entertaining, not at all like the book! You know, though, I have no opinion since I did not read the book!!!!!
I am very glad you were able to get away and see it, I know how obsesses you are with it!! Hello, the sweatshirt said it all!!!!!!!
Love ya

paige dahlke said...

At the commissary today I saw a tabloid with Bella and Edward (sorry don't know their real names) on the cover, the title was Twilight Romance. I couldn't even pick it up because Cedric looks even grosser without the thick white make up.
Paige

Shannon said...

I'm jealous that you got to go at midnight--our little lame theater here didn't even have a midnight showing! We ended up going on Saturday night because of husbands' work schedules.

So I'm planning on blogging about it tonight, so I won't put in my entire opinion of the movie here. Basically, I liked it but didn't love it--some great parts (I loved the kitchen scene), some REALLY lame parts (hello, "glittering" skin?), and definitely not the love story that we all wanted to see. Thing I missed most from the books: the playfulness between Edward and Bella. They never got comfortable and smiliey with each other--they were just always really cautious/afraid. That made me sad because I love the playful Edward.
By the way, as you'll see on my blog, I bought the t-shirt. I wanted the hoodie, too, but thought 2 shirts might have been too much for Micah to take. And I agree, you don't look pregnant AT ALL!!! Love ya!

Craig and Maggie said...

I liked the movie. But the funnest part was a midnight party with the girls! Next time we should try some midnight squirrel chasing. That was hilarious.

Rach said...

12 comments. you must be loved. go see the movie again. I didn't love it like i love the book, but i thought it was ok. I can't believe you can stay up til midnight. love the jacket. hopefully the next ones will be better.

Rachel

Rachel said...

ok seriously. i came on to your blog today to see if there were any pictures of jack up and then i saw the picture of you guys at the twilight movie. and then i'm like, "oh wait, shouldn't jamie be pregnant in that picture? or was this some picture taken many moons ago??!!" b/c someone who keeps complaining about being "bigger this time" DOESN'T EVEN LOOK PREGNANT! you can never complain to me again until people start saying to you "gosh, how MANY are you having!?" (like what was said to me!) argggg. you lucky duck you. so glad you guys are home from the hospital! miss you and love you! xoxo!!!