Sunday, April 06, 2008
spider... fuzzy... dirt... bug... crumbs... fly...
ok, so for probably the last 2 - 3 months raegan has been freaking out about anything that even remotely resembles a bug/piece of dirt/crumb... it started out with spiders. anytime she saw anything that moved (even dust in a ray of sunshine), she would flip out and start yelling/crying, 'spider, spider!' well, one time i corrected her (she had a piece of fuzz on her finger when she flipped out this time) and told her it was just a fuzzy. then she moved on to yelling, 'spider, fuzzy, spider, fuzzy...' whenever she saw something moving. after a couple of weeks of calling everything a fuzzy (even real bugs), i corrected by telling her that what was on her hand was dirt. she only called the things she saw 'dirt' for about a day, then we say an actual bug and for the next week or so after that everything was a 'bug' or 'buggy'... then one day we were eating cinnamon toast for breakfast and there were crumbs on the table. once again she flipped out and i told her it was just crumbs, so she started calling everything 'crumbs'. even in the pool at june mackay's all the little floating bugs were crumbs for the first few she saw, but i corrected her and told her they were flies... so, at this point in her little life, whenever she sees something moving in the air (fuzz, dirt, flies, what have you) she says 'bug, buggy, fly'... whenever she sees something that is stuck to her hands (dirt, crumbs, little rocks, sand) she calls it 'crumbs'. maybe one day she will get it right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
she has got to keep you laughing all day long! Silly Raegs.
Raegan cracks me up! I love that she is talking now. She has the cutest little personality. We love her!
Raegen is so cute!
I get freaked out by spiders too. So I understand how Reggs feels. I dream about black widow spiders making webs around me while I sleep, and then wake up in a panic. Crazy how the mind plays tricks on you. I adore how cute, and funny she is.
Totally fine that you added us and well...there's snow today :) I'm not a fan but knock yourself out! I'll add you to our blog as well!
Poor Raegan! I think she gets that from Nana, sorry!!! When I was little, I was petrified of anything little like that. Papa would always tell me, 'You're bigger, just step on it!" but I couldn't make myself do it. Even when I got married, Glenn would say, "You saw it first, you kill it!" I don't know if you remember but I got hynotized so I wouldn't be afraid of bugs and you know what, it really worked!! I think Raegs is a little young for hypnosis. :) Give a big squeeze for Nana! Love you all tons!!!
I thought it was so funny when Raegan was staying with me and she didn't want to touch a piece of an apple to eat it. She said it was wet/dirty. She is so cute.
oh man i love her. she has the funniest and cutest personality. can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment