Saturday, March 22, 2008

lip service

ok, so last night, we were saying the prayer with grace and raegs and i was helping raegan to say it. i would say a few words and then she would repeat them. she started out great, saying everything i would say, then i said, 'we thank thee for...' and usually she would repeat, but instead she said, 'five, six, seven, eight...' i cut her off there and finished the thought, then moved on to the next thing we were thankful for and said again, 'we thank the for...' and again she said, 'five, six, seven, eight...' and only then did i realize that i had said 'for', and all she heard was 'four'... so she just kept on counting. i struggled to help her finish the prayer without laughing. it was so funny!

raegan has also started to sing the alphabet song, she skips a whole bunch of letters (she goes from 's' to 'y and z'), and her favorite part is to say, 'next time sing with me!' i love it...

grace has started something pretty funny as well. due to the mass amounts of princess movies available for her viewing, she has started calling me 'your majesty' and 'queen mom' and refers to herself as 'princess grace' and raegan is 'princess raegan'. occasionally, she asks if i will be the wicked queen, but i always tell her that i want to be the nice queen... she argues for a few minutes, then accepts that i don't want to be the wicked queen. the other night she called bryan, queen dad... i laughed and explained that a queen was a girl, not a boy... now she just calls him dad.

5 comments:

Amber Horspool said...

Grace and Raegs are so cute! I LOVE them:) I wish you guys could live close forever! I'm already getting sad that you'll be so far away.

Anonymous said...

Kids can be so stinking cute can't they. It's a good thing too otherwise, when they dump out they chocolate syrup, it wouldn't be as funny!

the man said...

Bryan, I hope you are defending your manhood and commanding your children to refer to you as "King Dad". PS Jamie I think you would make a great wicked queen! :)

Kathy said...

I love those girls!!! Aren't you glad that Raegs is learning what you have been teaching her? She was probably so proud of herself for knowing the next 4 numbers!!! I sure did enjoy talking to Grace the other night, my favorite part was her telling me that her hair was "the color of vanilla frosting and my hair was like chocolate frosting!" Where do these kiddos come up with this stuff? I don't know but I am sure glad, it makes "Nanahood" so much fun!! I love you all tons!!!!

Rachel said...

me and danny still laugh about the 5 6 7 8 thing. so cute!