Tuesday, June 02, 2009

bbq anyone?

after 2 weeks of not using our grill, we find this...


i've told bryan we can't use our grill until these birds hatch and leave the nest, but i'm thinking we just need to get a new grill...

14 comments:

Tami said...

That's crazy!

Sarah said...

wow! that's amazing! i think i would get a new grill... i just think of all the bird poop that would be in there after they hatch and leave! ew!

Bryan H said...

my vote is togetrid of them now...before the mess! Natural selection at its finest. What bird lives in a BBQ? Seriously...

ashleygates1@gmail.com said...

How crazy!

Tami said...

Fire it up and have eggs for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that is way worse than our grill was! Holy smokes that is crazy. Let me know how grilled eggs and grilled robins taste!!!

Steve and Rebecca said...

Oh My Gosh!! That is the biggest nest I have ever seen!!

Mike's Journal said...

Seriously.....call the news station. that would be a hilarious story

heather said...

Ahahaha, Tami! Poor little birdies. That is quite the nest for such little eggs. Cool and gross all at the same time.

Eric and Alison said...

I vote for the new grill!!!!!
We have 2 nests right now on top of our patio covering.....what the heck are these birds thinking....your kids as well as my kids play outside.....I guess the birds like the noise around their little eggies!!!!!!
Good luck with the nest....I think you might want to move it as soon as they hatch, otherwise another bird who is lazy and doesn't want to make it's own nest, will just use that one!!!

Rhonda said...

That nest is HUGE! Enjoy the process of your "pet" birds.
It's fun to see your blog and what's going on with your family. I haven't looked in for a while. We need to skype sometime this week.

Lisa said...

Before the picture of the nest loaded, I thought it was going to be a big 'ol snake, which is what I just found on our patio. But that is a very impressive nest. And I covet your orange leather handbag. I always have.

AZ Powells said...

so how did you not notice your new neighbors moving in ??? I have never seen anything like this..crazy!!

Erin said...

that is hilarious! Craziness!