Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ich liebe deutschland!

translation, 'i love germany'. ok, well, maybe we aren't there just yet. for all of you waiting and waiting we have finally received a 'tentative' army assignment. drum roll please, we are headed to storck barracks in illesheim, germany. we have been assigned for 3 years. are we excited? (yes - for bryan, sort of - for jamie, we're moving? - for grace and raegs). we will be relatively close to many things... italy, paris, london. we are looking forward to the experience. also stationed at storck barracks are our good friends, the thompson's (bryan and nate carpool to school together.) we are grateful that they will be there with us! we'll keep you updated as to when we will be leaving and any other exciting news that comes our way regarding germany. hopefully that semester of german i took at byu will come in handy. i just know i will be using the phrase 'when is your birthday' oh so frequently. auf wiedersehen.

8 comments:

Danae said...

How exciting for you guys! I was hoping that you guys would be coming to the great state of Washington! I can't wait to hear more about your adventure!

Anonymous said...

How nice to finally know where you are going. That is so far away though. The three years will fly by. Congratulation and enjoy it while you're there. Who knows if and when you can ever go back.

Steve and Rebecca said...

That is SOOO exciting!! I LOVE Western Europe!!

EvaMarieva said...

That is exciting. We will miss having your family around and at game night.

the man said...

BOO Germany! What happened to our great plans of being in Hawaii?? :) Congrats guys!

Allie said...

Germany?! I never would have guessed! We're excited for you guys.

Amber Horspool said...

This is exciting and sad! I am sure you'll have experiences you'll look back on your whole life. BUT, we can't believe you'll be so far away. We're thankful for the time you guys have lived close! How cool that you took a little bit of German! I did too and loved it. Maybe we should visit you guys:)

Kathy said...

All I can say is, UGHHH!!!! That is very far away. :(
Love you all tons,
Mom