Thursday, September 20, 2007

the trash can - contains trash, grace's toys, and who knows what else

ok, i have got to tell the happenings around here. raegan seriously has a problem with throwing things away. she throws everything in the trash. grace got some polly pockets for her birthday and one day she asked, 'where are the cat and monkey for my polly pockets?' we searched high and low.... then we thought to look in the trash. well, there they were... along with 4 other toys grace got for her birthday. yesterday, i found 5 toys in the trash. today, 2 already... its only 10:45. we didn't realize what a problem this is until a few days ago. about a month ago, i lost my sunglasses... i'm sure the trash ate them... courtesy of raegs... ok, so one month of toys/stuff/sunglasses in the trash with an average of 3 items/day = about 100 things missing... and who knows what they are. well, i guess it's ok if we don't miss them... but man oh man, i miss my sunglasses. i think we will have to check the trash several times a day until she gets over this... its like, sometimes she is just playing with a toy, then all of the sudden she runs away, and the toy has disappeared to the trash. crazy child.

also, gracie had her first soccer class yesterday. she loved it! jaxson and her friend lily, from the nursery, are also in the class. her coach's name is fabian and he is from brazil. he worked really well with all the kids and i think she will love it! i practiced with her yesterday afternoon and she was remembering all of the things he taught them. i think she will be a great soccer player! oh, i will take pictures of her at soccer next week... of course, i forgot my camera!

oh yeah, i totally forgot. yesterday after soccer practice, we went with alison and jax to the park to play and eat lunch. so, grace finds a dandelion... you know the ones you blow in the wind. she picks it and brings it over to me and says, 'look mom, it's all hairy!' oh, man, alison and i just died laughing. it was so funny. then she blew it in the wind!

4 comments:

Amber Horspool said...

ahhh that's so scary. I think I know how you feel. I found Mike's car keys in the trash once when Staci was one. Then we lost them again and thought they were lost forever in a dump. We found them in Mr. potato head last year... craziness!
I hope you find your sunglasses.(maybe in an odd place!)

Unknown said...

I know the feeling too. Caitlyn, Kira, and Ryan have all been guily of throwing things away. I have at least four spoons missing, and many other things. I had to put the trash can up on the counter. Gross, I know, but i can wash off the countertop and no longer have things go missing. You have to trade one sucky thing with a different suckt thing. Good luck!

Kathy said...

The "always hungry trash can" saga! Been there, done that! All I can say is check it several times a day. We have lost many things to the dreaded trash can over the years and some things I am sure we don't even know about. :) Give Raegs a bunch of hugs from nana she is a cutie! Love you guys!!!!

Rachel said...

that is so funny!! raegan is such a crack up. how cute, seriously. and the hairy flower, that's a good one too.
how exciting that grace is in soccer! i'm glad she is loving it and can't wait to see pictures:)
love you and miss you all!