Saturday, April 07, 2007

eggs, eggs, and more eggs



well, today has been very busy. gracie woke up and was feeling pretty sick all day. she threw up several times and couldn't keep anything down. i felt very sad for her. she kept saying, 'i want to eat lunch.' over and over. however, she couldn't keep it down. poor kid. we headed out for the easter party at uncle david's at about 2:00. we arrived and helped aunt mel finish everything up and waited for the kids to arrive for the easter egg hunt. gracie was so excited, raegs was in her usual spot... my arms. finally all the kids arrived and out they went to find the eggs... ages 4 and under got the front yard, 5 and older, got the back (with the eggs hidden in more difficult places).


grace ran out and grabbed the first egg she saw. then she sat there and opened it and wanted to eat all the candy. she couldn't eat it, of course, so i tried to encourage her to move on and get another egg... finally she got the hang of it and ended up with a full bag of eggs! she seemed to be feeling better, but just to make sure, we only let her eat crackers. no more yuckies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad Gracie is feeling better! The video is priceless, "I did it, I did it, I want candy!" Out of the mouthes of babes. I miss them like crazy! :(

Rachel said...

oh man, that is so sad! poor gracie feeling all sick on easter:(
i hope she is doing better now. aurora did an egg hunt in our living room and she didn't even realize there was candy in the eggs. hehehe, probably better that way. but she had a lot of fun. love you guys!!!